Games Trainers Play: Actively Involve Your Participants
Have you ever experienced “Death by Powerpoint”? Where you sat through an entire day of training and endured one slide after another? Well, there is another way to present the same information.
All of us have unique learning styles and ways that we process information. Sadly, the most common way that we are taught is through lecture and listening to others present information. Don’t get me wrong there is a time and place for lecture, but not everyone is an auditory learner. If you want to fully engage your audience, you have to create an environment that fosters learning, collaboration, and most importantly fun. That is right, you can have fun while you learn.
In this session, you will participate in:
- Reaching out to different learning styles and activities that engage the learner
- Creative ideas to present your information so that your audience “gets it.”
- Games that reinforce your material.
- Fun and how to raise the energy level of your audience.
30 Minute ‘Speed Networking’
During the last 30 minutes of our session we will conduct a speed networking event with all participants. Bring your business cards (if available) and get ready to meet some fantastic people specializing in various areas of our field. To prepare think of how you would answer these three questions:
- What is your name and title?
- What is one thing you want to learn more about?
- What is one thing you could teach others about?
You will have 30 seconds to introduce yourself, your area of expertise and one area of interest to all other participants. More information to come!
Wes Powell has been the Leadership Development Specialist at Goodwill NCW since Feb. 2014. Prior to his role at Goodwill he worked at Werner Electric Supply for almost 9 years in Training and Development, and was a High and Low Ropes course instructor at Rawhide Boys Ranch for almost 5 years. Currently, Wes is responsible for the development of current and future leaders in the 25 (soon to be 26) retail stores across 35 counties in Wisconsin.
|7:45 - 8:15 am
Registration and Networking
Hot & Healthy Breakfast Buffet
8:15 - 8:30 am
Announcements and introduction of Presenter.
8:30 - 10:30 am
* Cancellation Policy: Registrants may cancel and receive a full refund prior to two working days before a program. Registrants who cancel within the two-day period will be charged. No-shows will be charged.
Map for Driving Directions