A Collaborative Event of the Northeast and Southeast Wisconsin Chapters of ASTD
Do you have too much to do?
Do you juggle multiple projects?
Do you spend your days in a chaotic, fast-paced organization that is time and resource-strained?
10 Steps to Successful Project Management provides advice and guidance on a wide array of tools that deliver business results through projects. The workshop is designed for today's busy professional.
The session will help you plan, organize and control the project effort as well as costs. You will be able to define the role of the project manager, build a project plan and monitor and report progress. The training will help you manage project risk and determine completion dates. See the agenda below for details.
All attendees will receive a valuable workbook on the 10 Steps to Successful Project Management. You will also meet new people from the Southeast Wisconsin Chapter of ASTD and expand your network of professionals who can be helpful to you.
To register and pay online, click here
About Lou Russell
Lou Russell is the CEO of Russell Martin & Associates and L+earn, an executive consultant, speaker, and author whose passion is to create growth in companies by guiding the growth of their people. In her speaking, training, and writing, Lou draws on 30 years of experience helping organizations achieve their full potential. She is committed to inspiring improvement in all three sides of what she has dubbed the Optimization Triangle: leadership, project management, and individual learning.
Lou is the author of six popular and practical books including 10 Steps to Successful Project Management.
In her speaking, Lou blends humorous stories with her engaging on-the-ground experience to customize her presentation, facilitation and teaching to the real problems of the people in the room. Her motto is Lecture As A Last Resort. You will be moving, laughing, participating, inspired and challenged. Most importantly to Lou, you will learn.
Lou has spoken at over 300 conferences including the ASTD International Conference, Society of Information Management (SIM), American Museum Association, Nursing Educators, Career College Association, LOTUSphere, Project Management Institute, Project World and at many corporate events for over 20 years. Learn more about Lou Russell.
Who Should Attend
|You should attend if you are like Irma:
- You juggle multiple projects but don't have the title Project Manager on your business card.
- You want to get everyone on the same page.
- You want to keep it simple.
|After attending this session, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between project management and project work.
- Define the roles of the Project Manager, Project Sponsor, and other key individuals on a project.
- Create a Project Charter.
- Build a Project Plan including schedules, resource allocations, and a budget.
- Create activity networks (PERT, Gantt, and CPM) and other tools for communication project scope and activities.
- Create criteria for monitoring and reporting progress, including Control Point Identification charts, Project Costing charts, and Milestone charts.
- Identify and manage project risk.
- Determine and anticipate changes that occur during project execution.
- Develop a detailed work plan to accurately determine the project completion date.
- Accurately estimate project activities.
- Manage external vendors more effectively.
- Discover the power of the Review process to improve future performance
|8:15 - 9:00 am
Registration, Networking, Bookstore & Exhibitors
|9:00 am - 12:00 pm
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
|1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
* Ticket price for guests of chapter members
Cancellation Policy: Registrants may cancel and receive a full refund prior to two working days before a program. Registrants who cancel within the two-day period will be charged. No-shows will be charged.